ONLINE SUBMISSIONS FOR 2019 COMPETITION WILL OPEN JAN. 1st.
GENERAL COMPETITION RULES
1. Contestants must be enrolled in grades 9 through 12 in a recognized WA State School.
2. All performances by the contestant must be solo. Songs need to be sung in the style as the original - some changes are acceptable. A girl singing "Run Around Sue" can change Sue to Drew, or he to she.
3. All contestant performances must be to Karaoke CD’s. If you create your own CD, it must be on a CD-R disk – other types “WILL NOT” work. Preferred format when recording is Mp3. Dead time (no sound before the music starts) at beginning of CD. Clip the track, if needed, with no more than three (3) seconds of dead time.
4. For the Qualifier & Quarter Final Rounds, singers may sing any song from any genre of music, except Hip-Hop, Rap or Opera. They do not have to come from our song lists. You may use our song lists for ideas if you would like to.
5. Each contestant will be judged on vocal ability (pitch, control, tonal quality) and stage presence.
6. The top twelve places will win cash prizes. The 2018 champion will win $1,500!
When signing up for the contest, please specify which qualifier location you will be attending. The qualifier locations to choose from are: Warden, Gig Harbor, Wenatchee & Okanogan. Click on "2019 Competition Dates" tab to find qualifier & competition round dates, times & locations.
**NOTE** We would like to encourage carpooling to these competition rounds. If several contestants live in the same area, hopefully you &/or your parents would be willing to let others ride along with you to all the rounds. This would help some contestants greatly, by allowing them to stay in the competition, if for some reason they don’t have transportation to each venue. James & Leslie Todd’s (assistant coordinator) home is available for a few contestants, if needed. Hopefully, we will have some other arrangements made, especially by the finals. Let us know in advance if you need a ride or a place to stay – we will do our utmost to help. James & Leslie’s number & email: 509-322-5368; email@example.com
Host hotel: Contestants & families: Omak Inn has offered $60 rooms (+ applicable taxes) for any size room. www.omakinnwa.com. Tell them that you're here for the Washington State Nashville Country Star to receive this rate.