2018 FINALISTS - scroll down the page to read all rules
- Championship Final - Saturday, March 31 @ 6 PM - Omak Performing Arts Center
- At the door: $10 or $35 (Family of 4+ in immediate household)
- Tickets available at Brown Paper Tickets starting the first week of March. http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2887373
- Your final song choice CANNOT BE CHANGED AFTER Wed. March 23.
- Your combined two-song time limit is 6:30 seconds. If you go over the limit, you will be dropped two places in the final standings which could cost you hundreds of dollars, so please be careful.
- You can edit your music if you can do it smoothly & tastefully – (shorten).
- IMPORTANT: Songs must be sung as close to the original versions as possible. Changes to fit gender situations is acceptable: Sue to Drew; him to her. If songs are not performed close to the originals versions, THERE WILL BE DEDUCTIONS!
- Songs for the Finals must be sent by music files.
- Accepted files are Mp3 (preferred), WAV, ACC, or AIFF
- Email files to Brock Hires at: [email protected]
- Please create & send your files ASAP (Sooner the better). Remember to be courteous – our volunteers also have jobs…so don’t delay.
- Files must be sent (emailed) by 8PM on Friday, March 23…NO LATER!!
- Please include your full name in the subject line with your music as an attachment in one of the formats mentioned above – Mp3 works best.
- Country style for your classic country song
- 50s, 60s, to mid-70s style for classic rock-n-roll
- Not doing so can affect your scoring
- 5. If for any reason you cannot make the final, let us know ASAP so we can bring up an alternate to fill your spot.
- You must be at the PAC early for SOUND CHECKS for the Final: (your performance order numbers determines the time you must arrive – numbers are posted next to your name at the end of this sheet).
- Contestants 1 through 5 will do sound checks starting at 1PM
- Contestants 6 through 9 will do sound checks at 1:30PM
- Contestants 10 through 14 will do sound checks at 2:00PM
- Order of performance will be posted on our website – this is determined by the numbers you drew at the semi-final meeting.
- If you leave after sound check, make sure you come back to the PAC NO LATER THAN 5PM! There are dressing rooms here for your convenience.
- We realize there are a lot of rules, but we feel these are needed to allow the competition to be fair for all contestants. Following all of these rules will help the night to run as smoothly as possible. However, there can be hiccups from time-to-time, so please be patient if something does occur.
- Most important – HAVE FUN, be courteous to one another & to the volunteers putting on this competition. You are the best of the best…so go out there & sing your hearts out…the crowd will respond! Good luck to all of you!!
CONTESTANT: PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST FOR YOUR SOUND CHECK TIMES. You will do your sound checks in order of performance. If you are not there at your scheduled time, you will not be allowed to have a sound check. PLEASE TEXT ED THAT YOU HAVE SEEN YOUR NAME ON THE LIST & THAT YOU HAVE SEEN YOUR SOUND CHECK TIME.
Sound checks start at 1:00 sharp. Be there early & ready to go before your scheduled time! You will sound check both songs.